Gini, thank you so much for the award. Once again, you have managed to lift me up at a time when I was struggling with the research and blogging. I am honored to have been chosen.
The winner of The Kreative Blogger Award has to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award on to seven other bloggers.
So, let's begin:
- Even though I don't do it often these days, I love baking, especially this time of the year. As a side note, I wonder if not being able to make my momma's delicious yeast rolls will torment me the way not being able to make grandmom's custard pie tormeneted mom. By the way, some time during the past 11 years, mom finally figured out how to make the pie, so there's hope for me yet in learning how to make her rolls.
- I love spending time with my folks. I continue to learn from them even as they grow more dependent on me to try to teach them about many things in this technologically advanced world that they live in. I must say both have done well on their own without much input from me.
- I still miss my maternal granddad even though he's been gone for 31 years. He was my world, my reason for being, my inspiration.
- Even though I took a 10 year hiatus from my family research, the drive, the passion, and the need to find all my ancestors and tell their story is still there.
- Although of late you would never know it but I love to travel. Wishing that I had the resources right now for another international trip, perhaps to Africa, so that I could recharge and be exhausted at the same time.
- I used to love doing my crafts. I still do but don't seem to have or make the time for them any more. I keep trying to get back to them especially the sewing. That I way I could have clothes that are tailor made for this crazily build, middle-age body.
- My biggest struggle in life is staying organized. Hopefully, one of these days I can at least manage to get back to the semi-organized stated of being.